Pilates Mat Instructor Certification
Part I: Pilates Mat Certificate Course - 12 hours
Prerequisite: A minimum of 25 hours previous anatomy study such as Fitness certification, etc.
* If you do not have 25 hours of anatomy training, we recommend 25 hours of independent study of the book Anatomy of Movement by Blandine Calais-Germaine or another anatomy book of your choice.
- Learn how to teach the matwork at three levels: modified basic, beginner, and intermediate, and how to transition between these levels in a safe and functional way
- Develop a practical understanding of the anatomical and biomechanical principles of Pilates matwork
- Gain the ability to teach 27 of the original Pilates mat exercises as well as the warm-up repertoire in group exercise and private training programming
- Understand the 8 fundamental concepts and 5 learning principles of the Pilates Method
- Revisit the roots of yoga in Joseph Pilates original mat program called 'Contrology'
- Learn how to detect improper form, cueing techniques and how to offer modifications, including prenatal alternatives to the mat program
$250 plus HST ($282.50)
Manual and Certificate of Course Completion Included
CECs Available. Canfit by petition. OFC 12 cec's.